Cathodic Protection is a method applied to control corrosion of metal surfaces. Cathodic Protection converts all of the anodic (active) sites on the metal surface to cathodic (passive) sites by supplying electrical current from an alternate source. This is a non-accredited course and will provide you an understanding of the fundamentals of maintaining and installing cathodic protection systems.
Kevesther will provide effective links and networks with relevant agencies to support participation and achieve successful outcomes for the learners. Where additional support is required outside the limits of Kevesther, any cost will be to the learner. Kevesther will assist you in finding a suitable agency to meet your needs.
All students are required to do an LLN. This assists your trainer to identify if there are further support needs required. Kevesther considers the individual learner’s needs in the assessment process. Where appropriate, reasonable adjustment is applied to take into account the individual learner’s needs. The trainer will inform the learner about the assessment process and provide the learner with the opportunity to challenge the result of the assessment and be reassessed if necessary.
The course duration is self-paced learning with theory online followed with practical training onsite. The duration is aligned to the individual learner’s training and assessment plan to enable them to progress through their training at their own rate, without being locked into fixed time periods. This involves a strong partnership between Kevesther as the RTO and the client which will allow the student to complete their training. Practical components are performed in the field to minimise disruption to the operation. Simulated training is also provided to compliment workplace delivery.
- All conditions of this policy relate to Kevesther Fees Schedule which is available on request. Please contact our administration team for details.
- Under Standards for RTOs 2015 the fees collected by an RTO are protected to ensure protection for the clients. An enrolment fee equal to 20% of the full course fee OR an amount of $1500 (whichever is the lesser figure) per student is required on completion of each Enrolment Form to ensure a place is secured. This must be received by Kevesther administration at least 1O working days prior to the scheduled start date of the course. The enrolment fee includes a non-refundable fee of $200.
- Fees include all texts, equipment and products. Receipts will be issued electronically for any amount paid
- Pre-course enrolment fees and any course related fees paid in advance throughout the duration of the course are kept in a student fee account with a recognised banking institution until such time as the tuition to which they relate has occurred.
- Course fees for the remaining 80% of the total course cost (or the balance of total course fees) will be invoiced at intervals through the respective course. Payments due and the frequency of payments are outlined in the fee schedule.
- Fees are to be paid as per the requirements of each invoice.
- A student is considered not eligible for the issue of any course
This course adopts a blended learning style.
Participants of this course are required to complete online written assessment prior to attendance at Practical Assessment Session/s
It is recommended the written component be completed approximately 1 week prior to undertaking the practical component of the course
Participants in this course will be required to demonstrate competency in the following units has/have been complete prior to commencing this course:
1- UEGNSG005A – Prepare to work in the gas industry
2 – UEGNSG006A – Use portable gas detectors to locate escape
3 – UEGNSG132A – Carry out basic work activities in a gas industry work environment
4 – UEGNSG140A – Apply environmental policies and procedures in the utilities industry
5 – UEGNSG134A – Establish a utilities infrastructure work site
6 – UEGNSG141A – Apply workplace health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the gas industry
On successful completion students will receive a Certificate of Completion.