This qualification reflects the role of a skilled operator working in foundation work in the Civil construction industry, who applies a broad range of skills in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
Units of Competency
Units of Competency delivered
- RIIBEF201D – Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D – Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202D – Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203D – Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICCM205E – Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM206D – Support plant operations
- RIICCM207D – Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208D – Carry out basic levelling
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIISAM201D – Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D – Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D – Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWMG203D – Drain and dewater civil construction site
- RIICFW301D – Construct underpinning
- RIICFW303D – Install primary ground support
- RIIIMG301D – Maintain site records
- RIIHAN301D – Operate elevating work platform
- AHCSAW301A – Construct conservation earthworks
- AHCSAW201A – Conduct erosion and sediment control activities
- RIICCM210D – Install trench support
- RIICCM211D – Erect and dismantle temporary fencing and gates
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights – Assessment
- RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform
- AHCSAW301 – Construct conservation earthworks
- AHCSAW201 – Conduct erosion and sediment control activities
This course is delivered over approximately 18-24 months, allowing for application of learnings within the workplace in between structured sessions.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. Students are expected to be already working in a site-based role.
Course Outcome and Pathways
Successful graduates will receive a Certificate of Award and Transcript for this qualification. Students who do not complete the full qualification can exit with a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units of competency.
After achievement of this qualification, graduates may wish to undertake RII40715 – Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision.
Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to have their previous skills and knowledge recognised in order to gain formal qualifications and reduce duplication of training and/or assessment activity (and sometimes cost). Students are encouraged to apply at program commencement. Please refer to the Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) information in our Student Handbook for further information.