This qualification reflects the role of employees working in supervisory positions in civil construction. They perform tasks involving a broad range of varied activities most of which are complex and non-routine. They are responsible for the quantity and quality of the output of others, contribute to the development of technical solutions to non-routine problems and apply management plans to the workplace.
Units of Competency
Units of Competency delivered
- BSBMGT401 – Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT402 – Implement operation plan
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- RIICWM401D – Supervise civil works
- RIIRIS401D – Apply site risk management system
- RIICPL401D – Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation
- RIICSG401D – Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction
- RIIMPO402D – Apply the principles of earthworks construction
- BSBMGT403 – Implement continuous improvement- Assessment
- BSBLED401 – Develop teams and individuals
- BSBSUS401 – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- RIICOM301D – Communicate information
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. Students are expected to be already working in a site-based supervisory role.
Course Outcome and Pathways
Successful graduates will receive a Certificate of Award and Transcript for this qualification. Students who do not complete the full qualification can exit with a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units of competency.
After achievement of this qualification, graduates may wish to undertake RII50415 – Diploma of Civil Construction Management.
Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to have their previous skills and knowledge recognised in order to gain formal qualifications and reduce duplication of training and/or assessment activity (and sometimes cost). Students are encouraged to apply at program commencement. Please refer to the Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) information in our Student Handbook for further information.