UEG30118 - Certificate III in Gas Supply Industry Operations
This qualification provides competencies to conduct gas supply industry activities, including installation, maintenance, fault find and repair, operations of distribution and transmission gas pipelines, cylinders and associated equipment.
Units of Competency
Successful completion of 960 weighting points made up of:
- 300 core weighting points, plus
- 660 elective weighting points
Units of Competency delivered
- UEGNSG005 Prepare to work in the gas industry
- UEGNSG132 Carry out basic work activities in a gas industry work environment
- UEGNSG133 Comply with environmental policies and procedures in the utilities industry
- UEGNSG141 Apply workplace health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the gas supply industry
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- PMBWELD301 Butt weld polyethylene plastic pipelines
- PMBWELD302 Electrofusion weld polyethylene pipelines
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavation
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- UEGNSG004 Locate, prove and protect utility assets
- UEGNSG134 Establish a utilities infrastructure work site
- UEGNSG140 Apply environmental policies and procedures in the utilities industry
- UEGNSG212 Construct, lay and connect a gas distribution service to a plastic main
- UEGNSG219 Conduct excavations in the utilities industry
- UEGNSG220 Construct and lay polyethylene gas distribution mains
- UEGNSG222 Construct and lay nylon or PVC gas distribution mains
- UEGNSG229 Prepare simple drawings of as laid gas mains and services
This course is delivered over approximately 12 – 18 months, allowing for application of learnings within the workplace in between structured sessions.
Course Outcome and Pathways
Successful graduates will receive a Certificate of Award and Transcript for this qualification. Students who do not complete the full qualification can exit with a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units of competency.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Gas Industry Distribution Operator
- Systems Operator/Pressure Centre Operator
After achievement of this qualification, graduates may wish to undertake UEG40118 – Certificate IV in Gas Supply Industry Operations
Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to have their previous skills and knowledge recognised in order to gain formal qualifications and reduce duplication of training and/or assessment activity (and sometimes cost). Students are encouraged to apply at program commencement. Please refer to the Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) information in our Student Handbook for further information.
Training and Assessment
Kevesther delivers its training programs onsite at clients’ workplaces (or alternatively at Kevesther’s own training facilities) through face-to-face training, coaching, and assessment activity (assessment includes knowledge questions and practical demonstration). Wherever possible, we utilise our client’s own company documentation and worksite-specific construction plans, etc. for more effective transfer of learning relevant to individual workplaces. Kevesther’s trainers and assessors work with our clients in a team-approach to ensure each student is given every opportunity to successfully complete their programs.