UEG40118 - Certificate IV in Gas Supply Industry Operations
Units of Competency
Successful completion of 1280 weighting points made up of:
- 290 core weighting points, plus
- 990 elective weighting points
Units of Competency delivered
- UEGNSG005 Prepare to work in the gas industry
- UEGNSG132 Carry out basic work activities in a gas industry work environment
- UEGNSG133 Comply with environmental policies and procedures in the utilities industry
- UEGNSG141 Apply workplace health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the gas supply industry
- UEENEEE117A Implement and monitor energy sector OHD policies and procedures
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavation
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- UEGNSG004 Locate, provide and protect utility assets
- UEGNSG006 Use a portable gas detector to locate escape
- UEGNSG106 Coordinate repair of pipelines, facilities and equipment
- UEGNSG134 Establish a utilities infrastructure work site
- UEGNSG140 Apply environmental policies and procedures in the utilities industry
- UEGNSG204 Coordinate and conduct gas distribution pipeline repair and modifications
- UEGNSG218 Carry out surveillance on gas distribution assets
- UEGNSG347 Perform routine maintenance on transmission pipeline facilities and equipment
- UEGNSG348 Carry out surveillance of gas transmission pipelines
- UEGNSG411 Maintain cathodic protection systems
- UEGNSG506 Respond to gas infrastructure emergencies
This course is delivered over approximately 12 – 18 months, allowing for application of learnings within the workplace in between structured sessions.
Course Outcome and Pathways
Successful graduates will receive a Certificate of Award and Transcript for this qualification. Students who do not complete the full qualification can exit with a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units of competency.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Distribution and Transmission Gas Industry Supervisor
- Storage and Processing Supervisor
After achievement of this qualification, graduates may wish to undertake UEG50118 – Diploma of Gas Supply Industry Operations.
Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to have their previous skills and knowledge recognised in order to gain formal qualifications and reduce duplication of training and/or assessment activity (and sometimes cost). Students are encouraged to apply at program commencement. Please refer to the Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) information in our Student Handbook for further information.
Training and Assessment
Kevesther delivers its training programs onsite at clients’ workplaces (or alternatively at Kevesther’s own training facilities) through face-to-face training, coaching, and assessment activity (assessment includes knowledge questions and practical demonstration). Wherever possible, we utilise our client’s own company documentation and worksite-specific construction plans, etc. for more effective transfer of learning relevant to individual workplaces. Kevesther’s trainers and assessors work with our clients in a team-approach to ensure each student is given every opportunity to successfully complete their programs.